News & Updates
The Major Renovation of Tadika Seri Soka 2020
Tadika Seri Soka (TSS) is uniquely designed to meet the developmental needs of the aged-4, aged-5 and aged-6 children. Our goal at TSS is to work together to provide our children with a rich learning environment.
The physical surroundings of the school will have a profound effect on the children’s learning. This is very important to provide our children an excellent start to schooling in a clean, positive, safe, caring, as well as a fun place to learn and grow.
The school building of TSS was built in 1994. After 25 years, it is inevitable that a major renovation would be necessary and thus began the renovation project at the beginning of 2020. The project was disrupted due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the movement control order imposed by the government. It was finally completed at the end of December 2020.
The main objectives of the major renovation were:
- To upgrade the aging facilities;
- To increase the appeal of the building;
- To expand the internal space and area;
- To ensure that the school is well-poised to meet the on-going needs of the children and staff in learning and teaching.
As children stay in classrooms most of the time, hence, all classrooms were completely refurbished. All interior finishes, cabinets, windows and doors were repaired or replaced as needed. Also additional toilets have been added.
The Lobby 2 Founder’s Corner is now more open, airier and brighter with better ventilation and natural light, making it an amazing and comfortable space for children to carry out their group learning activities.
The entrance to Lobby 2 has a totally new outlook with its renovated rainbow-coloured-porch and new shoe cases. The colour of the rainbow spectrum is welcoming and aesthetically pleasing for all children and parents.
The renovation also created an additional floor to the existing front portion of the building with a new multi-purpose function room, a new teachers’ staff room, a break-out area and 4 new toilets. The existing kitchen area was enlarged to allow more dining space for the TSS staff.
With a new coat of paint to the whole building, Tadika Seri Soka looks brand new.
We are confident that this renovation will fully enhance the positive educational learning experiences of the children, in an environment with ample space for them to move around and increase interaction with each other. This will engender confidence and contentment in the children’s progress.
We started the new school year on 20th January 2021 at the newly renovated building, with much excitement and joy.
- The entire TSS major renovation project was funded by Soka Gakkai Malaysia (SGM).
- With the safety of all children as our main priority, TSS was temporary relocated to the dormitory of the adjacent SGM building. We are extremely grateful to SGM for enabling us to continue teaching the children.
- We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to all children, parents, teachers and staff members for adapting and adjusting themselves easily to the new environment. Without the parents’ continuous support and cooperation, we would not be able to achieve what we did.
- To all parties involved for the success and completion of the renovation project i.e. the Architect and team, Project Manager, Contractors, on-site supervisors, etc., we wish to thank you all for the great job. It is truly commendable.
- We are immensely grateful to the TSS Board of Governors and the Directors of YSGM for their valuable advice, insights and support given during the whole process of the major renovation.